I am a ginormous puss Random Tuesday Thoughts

by BigMamaCass on September 13, 2011

in Go Steelers!!,Life, Life, Life,Mommy Drama,Random Tuesday Thoughts

randomtuesday

This is Random Tuesday Thoughts and since I am back to blogging, I am co-hosting with Julie, Ane, Stacy and Raven, while Keely is still on sabbatical from Random.  Make sure you random up at your blogabode and link up below.

Annnnd RANDOM!  GO!

• Monkey is going to school now and it’s weirding me the hell out.  I know I am supposed to be all “bye babe, have a great day!” and then rush off and paint my nails or something but seriously? it’s all I can do to drive AWAY from the school.  Then the two grueling hours and 45 minutes I spend away from him, I can’t focus or get anything done!  I think something is definitely wrong with my brain.

• I not only have an iPad (aka: Paddy) but I have also succumbed and bought an iPhone.  Which was easy because when Elvis took a shit, I needed another phone and since I could easily sync between my Paddy and the iPhone, I figured WHY WOULDN’T I GET AN IPHONE?!?  At least that was how I had to cell it to the Hubs.  Pun totally intended. {grin}
  • I named the iPhone Priscilla.  It seemed fitting since of course my droid was named Elvis.  Tank came up with the idea.  He is so darn helpful to have around! :)
  • Since I got Priscilla, I am seriously addicted to Instagram.  I might need a twelve step program y’all.  Like seriously.

• I organized (redid) my office.  Which is just technically just a mauve colored cubical that I shoved in the corner.  It is really tight quarters since I share the playroom with my son.  He has 90% of the playroom and I have 10%.  Clearly a fair trade.  Ahem.  Anyhoo… I have a tiny cubie (somehow was still never able to escape that fate even as a SAHM) and it was starting to overwhelm me with crazy clutteredness.  (My new word… spread it around… you know you want to.)  So I tried to redo it to make room for my MASSIVE box… make that boxes… of coupons.  (As seen above in the left hand side on top of the wood dresser. Yes that is an old dresser that now stores paper and office supplies.  Again with my insane amount of class.  I am overwhelming you, I know.)  Is it just me or does it still look like an unorganized MESS!?
  • I MUST make these.
  • The Steelers first game of the season was yesterday.  They royally stunk up the joint.  Sheesh.  They lost.  To the Ravens!  {jaw drop}
  • We are all sick around here. Putting kids in school does that I suppose.  Lame.
  • I am super excited for fall!  I am ready for the changing seasons and the holidays and the long pants (not shaving my legs) all the awesomeness!  I thought I would dread it because of the love of camping but I am actually so super excited for the change!!
  • I am going to be hosting a KICK ASS giveaway next week that I am SOOO excited about!  Stay tuned!!

Make sure you link up below!

Have a great Tuesday!!

{ 32 comments… read them below or add one }

Kmama
Twitter ID: dailydribbles
September 13, 2011 at 7:31 am

School totally messes everything up at first. It’s so hard to get into a routine. Everyone is so tired. And the sickness. Dear God, the sickness. Hang in there!
Kmama´s last blog post ..Fabulous Finds

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I know the sickness you mention. AHH!

Kristina P. September 13, 2011 at 8:07 am

I’m excited for fall. Not winter. I wish it could be fall all year long.
Kristina P.´s last blog post ..Suffer The Little Children

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Fall is a pretty amazing time. My favorite season for sure. Hands down. :)

Claire
Twitter ID: scriptor
September 13, 2011 at 11:27 am

The only reason I would want an iphone is so I can use instagram but I already have an ipod touch so it would sort of defeat that device! Happy RTT.
Claire´s last blog post ..Random Tuesday – F bombs and Hot Gay Men

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Can you get instagram on the ipod touch?

shell September 13, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Totally addicted to instagram.

School has messed my schedule all up… but I admit, I relish the rare quiet moments.
shell´s last blog post ..Soccer Oops

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm

What is your instagram handle thingamagic. I will follow ya ;)

Toni
Twitter ID: justaddjava
September 13, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I Love Instagram! I also love that you name your phone. :) My phone is Chloe and my iPod is Rupert.

Happy Tuesday!

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Rupert is the BOMB name! LOVE IT!!!!

Happy Tuesday to you too :)

Gina September 13, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Welcome back!
I’ve missed you!
I love te office redo! Sweet boy totally deserves 90% of the room. His “work” is way more important!
Gina´s last blog post ..Would you still like me if………………?

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Thanks! And yes he does deserve it :)

Danelle September 13, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Don’t worry, you’ll get over sending kids to school. I’ve come to view back-to-school time as the most wonderful time of the year.
Danelle´s last blog post ..RANDOM TUESDAY THOUGHTS

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Really? I hope I get there soon! :)

Mishelle
Twitter ID: mishelle42
September 13, 2011 at 12:44 pm

It sounds like you’re happy again – I like that, you weren’t before. Oh, I know – you’re dealing with the school thing and you will get used to it (trust me… if not me then how many others will tell you it?!?!)

It’s harder when you think “This is it, this is the only child I’ll have”, everything is harder. I hated all the milestones Allie had while she was growing up, I was convinced I was never having another and every single developmental milestone just showed me how fast she was growing and how I’d never see it again, couldn’t she stay a baby forever?!?! Try not to stress yourself over it, it’ll happen. It will.

Still you sound happy again, even while exhausted ’cause Monk is sick and you’re not sleeping, you sound happier and it makes me smile.

M

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Awww thanks doll :D xoxo

Cathy Kennedy September 13, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I’m so ready for fall, too! We’ve been getting some cooler weather here in the Tennessee Valley and I’ve been lovin’ it. I want to pull out my sweats and sweaters pronto. Let’s face it, it’s already mid-September and the first day of autumn is just a little over a week away. =D

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving kind sentiments regarding my grandpa’s passing. Our loss is heaven’s gain, which makes me smile. I know Grandpa is telling one of his big tales to all the angels about now.

Have a good week!
Cathy Kennedy´s last blog post ..So sorry for your loss :(

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Awww your outlook is wonderful!

Autumn is my favorite time of year!

Kristine
Twitter ID: mentalpauses
September 13, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I need to organise my clutteredness in my office too. I just need to take a few hours and focus on THAT project. I get distracted too easily…
Kristine´s last blog post ..It’s Tuesday and you know what that means!!!

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:23 pm

That’s why it took me months to get to mine! haha

Lex
Twitter ID: thelexhex
September 13, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I’m getting an iPhone later this month for the sole purpose of using Instagram. Seriously.

It’s weird when the wee ones go to school; at least, at first. You’ll get used to it sooner than you think ;)

Also, I totally dig your work space there, it’s hella cute!

Happy Tuesday~!
Lex´s last blog post ..Random Tuesday Thoughts Vol. 44 — I am barely functioning right now

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I have to be honest… Instagram was a HUGE selling point for me to get the iPhone!!!

I am anxious to get used to him being gone.

And thanks! It still feels like a mess though. Baby steps. I have to go through all the drawers next. That should help :)

one cluttered brain
Twitter ID: Clutteredbrain
September 13, 2011 at 2:55 pm

bwahaha. love what you said about not shaving your legs….isnt that the truth?
Love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog…
one cluttered brain´s last blog post ..I wanna win a TEMPUR pedic bed from Jenny on The Spot!

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Seriously! Isn’t that the whole point of winter?

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations
Twitter ID: melaniescrafts
September 13, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Gotta love school…lots of little germ factories. We started school last week and we have have colds now, too.

Someday I will get a real cell phone. I am feeling a little left out.
Melanie @ Whimsical Creations´s last blog post ..10 years ago

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Ugh colds are dreadful! I am so over it!

Rachel M.
Twitter ID: rubberbacon
September 13, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I’ll have to try out that Instagram app, sounds really cool!!! Thanks for commenting on my blog today, it’s nice to find more people participating in Random Tuesday. Kinda makes an odd day of the week go faster since I get the comments as little emails throughout the day. Better than work email!!!
Rachel M.´s last blog post ..Random Tuesday

BigMamaCass September 13, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Sweet! That has to make you smile while working :D

Ms. Salti
Twitter ID: mssalti
September 14, 2011 at 4:05 pm

So… I actually love that dresser, and the fact that you use it for your office. I was thinking, if you want, we could re-finish it next time I come out there. But honestly, I just threw up a little bit thinking that E won’t be there when I come to visit you. Maybe we can just sit on the couch the whole time and cry and drink wine. Because that may be all I’m up for. I hate how much I miss him. And you, of course. But you know that already.
Ms. Salti´s last blog post ..Stabby Stabby Stabby – Keep the Shivs Away From Me

BigMamaCass September 15, 2011 at 12:11 am

Uh huh. I am actually thinking of painting it a really loud color like turquoise. But it sounds like I better just make the time to do it myself. Lol

Sarah September 14, 2011 at 5:45 pm

omg home. made. fruit. rool. ups.
Sarah´s last blog post ..Random Tuesday!!

BigMamaCass September 15, 2011 at 12:11 am

I know! I cannot wait to make them!!!