Superhero Mama

by BigMamaCass on August 23, 2010

in Guest Post Hotness

Hey there!  Today is a guest post as I promised!! YAY!!

Today your guest poster will be MamaOnDaGo.  Make sure you show her some love!!!

__________________________________________________

Superhero Mama

By: MamaOnDaGo

The Tramp Stamp. Do we all know what this is? Brad Paisley has sung about it in his song Ticks:

In the small there of your back

Your jeans are playing peek-a-boo

I’d like to see the other half

Of your butterfly tattoo

Wikipedia describes the lower back tattoo (aka Tramp Stamp) as the following:

A lower back tattoo is a body decoration, sometimes

intended to emphasize sexual attractiveness.

And yes, I have a lower back tattoo, a Tramp Stamp.

I toyed with getting a tattoo in my early 20s. I actually put a lot of thought and consideration into the location and on the design. Like some of my college peers, I didn’t want to end up drunk, walk into a tattoo parlor, point to a design on the wall and tell the tattoo artist, “Give me that”

I knew one day that I would want children, so I wanted a place that didn’t really get the brunt of pregnancy. I also knew I needed to eventually land myself a career, so the tattoo needed to be somewhere discreet. A place where I can “emphasize sexual attractiveness” when needed and be professional and acceptable the rest of the time.

Eventually my skin will sag and the ink will fade, luckily with age, my vision and my flexibility will be an issue and I won’t have to look at what has become of my tattoo. With all that said, the lower back was the perfect choice.

The design was hand drawn by someone special. There are no names. Just symbols that are special to me.

With all that thought and consideration, I never thought of what I would tell my children the day they start asking about Mama’s tramp stamp.

Now, the 3 year old is intrigued by it. What bothers me most is that she told me she wants a tattoo of a penguin. Uh, unless you’ve saved the penguins from extinction, I don’t think so.

I panicked when she asked me, “Mama, what’s that?” Pointing to my tattoo.

My reply, “It’s Mama’s special symbol, like Batman’s.”

At least now I’m a superhero.

__________________________________________________

Thank you MamaOnDaGo for guest posting!!!

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

BigMamaCass August 23, 2010 at 11:49 pm

HAHA Great story! So far Monk just points and says “Mama’s tattooooo!” :)

Manette
Twitter ID: ManetteGonz
August 24, 2010 at 12:53 am

Hilarous! Fast on your feet is what you are!

Mishelle
Twitter ID: mishelle42
August 24, 2010 at 6:46 am

My kids called it paint for a while.. “Mommy you have paint on your shoulder..” now they know what it is because I got a second one and they saw it right afterwards.

I like the prep work before hand so that you wouldn’t have drunk tattooing!

M

Kristina P. August 24, 2010 at 8:53 am

That’s too funny!
Kristina P.´s last blog post ..Insert Witty Title Here

gigi August 24, 2010 at 9:16 am

Dear Batman,

So…how will you feel about your kids asking to get a tattoo? :)

When do we see pix?
gigi´s last blog post ..hear my voice

magnolia
Twitter ID: magnolia2010
August 24, 2010 at 9:46 am

my dad waited until i was 18 to get his tattoo. then he bought me mine three months later. i’m now planning two or three more. as for explaining them to future progeny, my strategy is this: some things are for grown-up ladies, and this is one of them.

Cassiopeia
Twitter ID: CassiopeiaChats
August 24, 2010 at 12:21 pm

That is too funny. I think you have to have superpowers to get a tattoo. I’m just too wimpy!
Cassiopeia´s last blog post ..New Blogs That Ive Discovered!

TVs Take August 25, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Love your positive spin on an otherwise challenging conversation! Mama Cass now following you
TVs Take´s last blog post ..Being Sensitive To Criticism

Kyooty
Twitter ID: kyooty
August 25, 2010 at 9:08 pm

I keep thinking Sailor no matter what the tattoo says/shows or where it is.
Kyooty´s last blog post ..Friday Fill-ins

Ms. Salti
Twitter ID: mssalti
August 25, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I also have a tramp stamp… I decided I wanted my tattoo on my lower back so I didn’t have to look at it everyday, just in case I got sick of it. Now I want to get another one that I can actually see…
Ms. Salti´s last blog post ..Random Tuesdayness – Red Red Whining – Guest Post